Monday, May 24, 2010

eBook Review – Finding Educational Activities in the Most Unexpected Places by Angie Kauffman

Do you know Angie Kauffman?  She is the founder of no less than 3 blogs: Many Little Blessings, The Homeschool Classroom, and Catholic Mothers Online; as well as the co-founder of Homeschool Lifestyle Media.  I really enjoy reading her blogs; she’s a homeschool mama and has tons of inspiring ideas.

She recently published an e-book titled Finding Educational Activities in the Most Unexpected Places.  She was kind enough to send me a free copy to review, and I loved it!

I’ve gathered a lot of great (and simple) ideas from this book that I hope to use with M in the weeks to come.  Three activities in particular that grabbed my attention, and that I know M will enjoy are an egg-carton train craft, a cardboard tube rocket ship craft, and a playhouse for small dolls (or action figures as the case may be… and is in this house) made from an old box.

There were many ideas that I know I’ve seen around the internet in one form or another, but it’s so great to have them all in one easy-to-refer-to spot, and there were many, many ideas that I haven’t come across anywhere else. 

This is really a fabulous resource for families with small children.  Your children will be having fun and you’ll know they are developing much needed skills.  The activities described in this book help develop fine and gross motor skills, hand-eye coordination, social interactions, daily living skills, cognitive skills, spatial awareness, and imagination to name a few.

If you order your copy of this book before May 31st you can get a discount of 20% by using code TNS20!

Have a beautiful day! :)

2 comments:

  1. I think this book looks so interesting!
    I just got a "Featured on The Activity Mom" button. I've featured your making letters printable, count and clip, and shaving cream snow. If you want a button, come on over and grab the code.
    Either way, thanks for your great posts and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words, Nicole! :) I have had fun this week handing out the first section of the book to all of my therapy families (for the first time). Made me want to print out the whole thing and give it to all of them right now. LOL Then again, that might be a little too overwhelming. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...