Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Video by Dr. Gordon Neufeld

In yesterday’s post I mentioned that I am reading Dr. Neufeld’s book, Hold Onto Your Kids.  In his book he compares a child’s need for secure attachment to his parents to a child’s physical need for food.  If a child is not secure in the fact that food will be provided for him, and that in fact, more than enough food will be provided, he will be so preoccupied with food that he will not be able to move on from that point and grow.  The same is true for love – a child needs enough and more than enough love and affection and security in order to grow out of that stage and into a more independent and mature person. 

I was really touched by this video by Dr. Neufeld, which speaks a bit to the same point.  I hope you’ll watch it – it is only 5 minutes long, but I’d suggest watching it at a time when you can give it your full attention.

Have a beautiful day! :)

 

3 comments:

  1. Interesting perspective! I'll chew on that... I agree that we need to love our children more....... :)

    Semalee @ Nailing Jello to a Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely food for thought...I linked to this post on facebook :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...