Monday, October 11, 2010

The Art Box – Oct. 11, 2010

art box week 3 (6)In the Art Box last week: lots of colored paper, watercolor paper (in the back with a paperclip on it), watercolor paints, watercolor pencils, markers, glue, glitter glue, scissors, a small container with little goodies in it for collaging (lower left), a pinecone, stickers, and cardboard ribbon spools.

I’ve been trying to find a good way to keep M’s art supplies organized, and found this little utensil carousel at Target.  It’s great for markers, pencils, scissors, glue, etc.  But, the picture looks a little crowded, doesn’t it?  Maybe next week I’ll set everything out all nice and pretty before I take the picture.  Didn’t you know I have all the time in the world to do things like that? ;)  Okay, maybe not.  We’ll see. ;)

Despite the plethora of good art supplies, not much art was done.  We’ve had a run of summer-like days this fall (I guess to make up for the fall-like days we had in summer), and much of our time was spent outside.  Some beautiful items did make their way into nature collages, but those are for a post later this week.

However, despite the beautiful weather, M can’t resist anything sparkly.  Once he saw the glitter glue and some sparkly bug stickers he had to take time out from his outdoor play to put a couple of things together. 

A glitter glue, sticker collage:blog sept 051 

And whatever this is, with glitter foam pieces (more sparkles!):blog sept 049

That was it.  Just some quick bling and then back to jumping in the leaves.

I did find time to put up some art strings in our home.  Here’s one:blog sept 002

We’ve got 4 of them up in a variety of places – stairwell, family room, bedroom.  My (unspoken to M) hope is that I can s l o w l y start taking down a few pieces of art that he’s just randomly taped on the walls and move them onto the art strings, and eventually only have M’s art on the strings except for a few very special things that we’ll leave in the kitchen, perhaps in frames.  That’s the plan, anyway.

If you have a kid's art post, link it up below! Be sure to link back here somewhere in your post.

Have a beautiful day! :)

4 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to put up some art strings in our home - I think it's a great way to display art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the art string idea. I should do something like that. I never know what to do with all the artwork the kids make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put one of the art strings up in my house too. I probably need to do more...the one I already put up is full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also have an art string - in the kitchen. Usually Anna is pretty OK with an idea of "updating" her art show - as long as there is something there. M's collages are very sparkly indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...