This morning M and I read the Bible story about the ascension and then did a quick craft to make it more memorable. The craft was inspired by this post at Catholic Icing – I just changed it up a little bit.
1. Color your cup blue, and color your sun and picture of Jesus.
2. Glue cotton balls around the top and bottom of your cup.
3. Punch a hole at the top and bottom of your sun, and a hole above Jesus’ head (we glued on an extra strip of cardstock to the back of Jesus so there was room for a hole above his head).
4. Thread your yarn through the holes in the sun, down through the bottom of the cup (we used an embroidery needle to thread the yarn through the cup), and through the hole above Jesus’ head.
5. Tie a loop above the sun, large enough to hand on a door knob, if you wish.
6. Tie a knot where the yarn goes through the cup, so it rests on the outside of the cup.
7. Tie a knot through the hole above Jesus.
There you go! You can pull the sun to make Jesus “rise” into the sky and be hidden behind the clouds:
Cute, simple, and fun to play with! :)
Have a beautiful day! :)