Friday, June 10, 2011

Uh oh!

Well I hope no one was really waiting with baited breath for today's final post on the topic of Academics in Preschool.  It's written up and saved and ready to go... but it's been lost.  I use Window's Live Writer to draft posts on my laptop and my laptop is now, apparently, resting in peace.  

Ironically, today's post was all about technology and young children, and how addictive it can be and harmful to their health.  And here I sit, not knowing what to do next without my laptop.  Hehehe.  It's been quite a year - computer problems last December and January, then an unexpected break for most of March and April, and then this... I think this is just not my year for blogging.

I'm not sure when I'll be back, but hopefully I will be able to retrieve that final post and publish it.  What I am more concerned about is the 6+ months of photos on the laptop that were not backed up anywhere else.  I'm not sure what it says about me that my first thought was of my blogging stuff and printables that I'm in the middle of making... but when I remembered the photos I literally felt ill. 

If anyone can send me in the right direction for retrieving items on my hard drive, I'd sure appreciate it.  I'm not able to get into Windows at all, I simply keep getting the start up screen and occasionally a "blue screen of death."   Helpful ideas left in the comments are very appreciated! 

I will still have limited access to email, so feel free to stay in touch!

Have a (more) beautiful day (than I am)! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! I had a similar thing happen to my last lap top. Maybe the guys at Best Buy could help?

    I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks! I hope the problem is fixed soon.

    As I was reading your posts, I thought of two books: You Are Your Child's First Teacher (just read) and Simplicity Parenting (I'm currently reading). You might enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, aack. I feel your pain about the pictures. In fact you've reminded me that it's time to back ours up now!! Good luck finding a cure for your machine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call a local computer repair shop and see if they can help. Sometimes I believe they can extract your hard drive and pull the memory from it somehow using another computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, I felt the same way when our PC bit the dust. I was physically ill from the loss of our pictures. My mom has contact with a computer guy due to her business. She gave him our hard drive. All we asked was that he retrieve our pictures. However, he was able to get our whole PC working again. I hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...