Saturday, March 27, 2010

Books of the Week – March 27, 2010


 
Click the button above to read about more great books for kids!
The Golden Egg Book, by Margaret Wise Brown:imageThis is a fun book for Easter that reminded me of stories I enjoyed as a child.  The illustrations are beautiful and  simple and in our house this has been a favorite all around.  A little bunny finds an egg and wants to know what’s in it… so he kicks it, rolls it down a hill, and does what he can to find out.  It’s so sweet and I don’t want to spoil the book for you, so I’ll just say he gets a taste of his own treatment and ends up with a friend.  And no one is ever lonely again. :)  Well, that may be going overboard a bit, but it truly is a sweet book that I think almost any child would enjoy.

What’s Up, What’s Down?, by Lola M. Schaefer:image This is an interesting and unique book that absolutely fascinates M.  You turn the book on it’s side and for the first half you follow arrows pointing up and find out what’s above a mole digging in the ground, etc.  all the way to the moon.  Then you turn the book around and follow arrows downward, finding everything that is below the moon all the way to the depths of the oceans.  It is pretty neat and I think adults and children alike will enjoy reading it!
Check out Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns for more book recommendations!
Have a beautiful day! :)
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, we just read that What's Up and Down book last week and loved it. Neat idea. We'll have to look for the egg book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to find an occasional book, that captures the sweetness of childhood?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like great books. What's Up and Down looks like one worth looking into. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Golden Egg Book looks beautiful. We'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That What's Up What's Down book sounds fascinating. I'll have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both books like the ones that would be well received here. I love books with interesting illustrations. Thanks for linking up again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will look for the Golden Egg book on Mon. Odd that we haven't checked out a single Easter book. Like I said we are Library bound on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Margaret Wise Brown and have never heard of The Golden Egg Book. Thanks for the tip! I'll keep my eye out for it now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...