Saturday, December 19, 2009

Books of the Week – Dec. 19, 2009

image
Whew, I didn’t know if I’d get around to writing this post or not. (being as how I’m still on my “break”, hahahahahaha; I think I’m back, I just don’t want to actually say so for some reason.  Crazy girl.)
I have to tell you about one of our favorite Christmas books… Little Rabbit’s Christmas, by Harry Horse.
 image
This is a book about a little rabbit who wants a red sled for Christmas.  He loves this sled.  Loves it.  And of course the Christmas Rabbit brings him his sled.  Little Rabbit suddenly feels very conflicted – he wants his friends to admire the sled, but he doesn’t want to share it.  He goes off where he can be alone with his sled, but that isn’t much fun either as there is no one to watch him sliding down the hill. 
Little Rabbit gets into a bit of trouble and ends up stuck in the snow with the red sled broken.  (M yelled “OH NO!” at this part, he was really into this book, hee hee.)  Little Rabbit’s friends are more generous than he, thankfully, and they help him out, fix his sled and even give it a new coat of paint.  Then they all enjoy sledding for the rest of the day… together.  Little Rabbit learns that the best things are even better when they are shared with friends. 
This book is fun to read, keeps M interested, and has so many good (yet subtle) lessons about friendship, sharing, helping, and how to handle one’s feelings appropriately.  There’s even a little lesson about listening to your mama when she tells you to wear your mittens. :)  Such a cute book and we all love it.  This is going on our “buy” list for sure.
For more book reviews, visit the link-up at Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns!
Have a beautiful day! :)

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story. I'll have to see if I find it at our local store. Sadly most of their books are either ones I already have or ones that have Nickelodeon characters, not the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds adorable. Thank you for the recommendation! I might link up to it in a post today or tomorrow, because I want to post about a Christmas craft and I've posted all of my Christmas book reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining in even during your break :) The story sounds wonderful, and I didn't hear about this book before. I love learning about new authors and stories from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so sweet! I'm going to look for it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute that M was so into the book, yelling Oh No. Drew usually gets really into them too.

    I am so glad you are "back" I missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great book for right before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nicole:) Your little boy sounds soooo adorable!

    I need to make a library run, so I'll look for this book. With any luck, they'll finally have a book I look for, hahaha.

    Michelle

    http://www.thinkingchristianfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a book that is great fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds lovely - thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...