Monday, January 4, 2010

The Art Box – January 4, 2010

No Art Box again this week… lots of family things going on.  We (extended family) tend to celebrate Christmas for a long, long time.  The last get-together is next Sunday; after that I hope to regain my sanity get back to blogging on a regular basis (including comments, my dear, neglected, and patient bloggy-friends).

M also discovered paint-with-water books and that was his “art” of choice, argh. blog pics 029 (There are around 40 in this pile – most of which were done within a 2 day period.)

Art around here may never be the same again, sigh.  It was like an addiction – especially the screaming, floor-pounding, raving tantrum when there were no more pictures to paint.  And the insisting that we could run to Target right now (!!) to get some.  Oh, it’s 15 degrees below zero right now?  But why on earth would that be a reason to stay in our warm home if there are no paint-with-water pictures there??

Anyway (see how I always have something to say even when there’s no real post to write?) – I thought I’d put the linky up in case any of you had some art to share. :)  Link up below!

Have a beautiful day! :)

6 comments:

  1. Your posts ALWAYS make me smile!! Cracking up over here about the tantrums (can totally relate) and the "run to Target right now" comment. M knows where it's AT! And 15 below... oh it *almost* makes me miss Minnesota. :)
    I swear we're going to link up to this one of these days!
    Big hugs to you!!! Stay warm! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been searching EVERYWHERE for paint with water books. Did you find them at Target? Help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls both went through paint-with-water-book obsessions, too! Now, we make own own paint with water pictures using watercolor crayons or watercolor pencils - maybe that will work for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a short paint with water streak too - maybe that's what I need to pull out next. I can tell that M was very determined to keep painting - he probably enjoyed the science aspect of this most :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our week was much like yours, except no family excuse for not doing stuff.....
    I left you an award over at my blog.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a chuckle as I read this post because Ican relate oh so well to things running out, tantrums and similar demands of "can't we go out right now and get more".

    Like Mari-Ann said, we are going to link up to this when we get back into our routine (when Troy goes back to work:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...