Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Open-Ended Art – Autumn Colors

It’s been a long time since we participated in the open-ended art mcklinky at Growing by Leaps and Bounds. We are happy to be back in our *art groove* this week! :) This week the theme is fall colors – orange, yellow, red, and brown. We added green in because we were working on another fall project at the same time and I felt like green added a little something (and there IS green in fall too!). :)

After creating his autumn tree masterpiece, M just wanted to paint and do his own thing on a blank sheet of paper. I love this, and we’ve gotten away from doing this on a regular basis, so I was happy he asked.

First he did this:blog pics 033 “I’m covering all the white spots, Mommy!” Yep, I can see that. :) He is really into this painting-the-entire-paper thing lately. It’s his art, he can do whatever he wants!

Next, more paper, and he did this:blog pics 034 It’s always a good time when the trucks get involved!! He must’ve kept himself occupied for at least an hour with all his painting that day. In my opinion, the cleanup is totally worth it!

Here’s his finished artwork:blog pics 038 blog pics 036

Go here to check out more fun open-ended artwork!

Have a beautiful day! :)

15 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love how he brought the trucks into it and tries to cover every bare spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff and green is part of fall!

    my LO loves to paint every inch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on keeping it open ended! I struggle with that, because they are so young and they need some guidance ya know? But you did great and i bet he was so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I love that the trucks helped him create his art! I agree - it's worth the clean up. Our art supplies are always available and my kids can use them whenever they want. They create a lot of art because it is on their own terms most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww he is so sweet trying to cover all the white parts.. looks like he enjoyed himself

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless his heart, he did a super job:-). Very sweet! LOVE the trucks too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this true open-ended art, Matthew did such a fine job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Matthew's art projects are great! Love the Truck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's certainly worth the clean up when they have so much fun and let their creative juices flow. I love that he wanted to colour all of his paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its great to see how much me loves painting. He will have a life long imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your idea. Let the children's imagination to run wild!
    I am sure your little one had a blast painting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like he had a blast! I love the idea of driving the trucks through the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My boy LOVES to paint with cars too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BTW, I have an award for you on my blog - stop over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...