Friday, October 2, 2009

Game Book

pre-writing skills game binderIn an effort to help M develop some pre-writing skills (since he is forever wanting to “draw letters” but gets frustrated when he can’t), I made him this little game book.  It’s full of mazes mostly right now, and a couple of dot-to-dots.  Dot-to-dot is a new idea for him, but I think he’ll catch on quickly. 

I simply printed a few pages I found online, put them into page protectors, and popped them into a 3-ring binder.  He can use his window markers on the page protectors, then wipe them off and do them again. 

Eventually I’ll add shape tracing pages, maybe some “draw a line from the dog to his doghouse” type of worksheets (do you know what I’m talking about??), and even some large letter patterns to follow.

This was super-easy and super-fast to put together. 

Here are some of the links I found for good game pages to print.  I copied some of the smaller mazes into my photo-editing program, enlarged them, and then printed them out.

 

I hope you enjoy this idea!

Have a beautiful day! :)

9 comments:

  1. I put mazes and dot to dots in page protectors but I never thought of putting them in a binder to create a game book! That is a fantastic idea! Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I'll be checking out your links and see what we might be able to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this idea! Even though we recycle, I feel like we are going through a forest of trees with all of the paper that D uses for his dot-to-dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea! I wish now that I introduced an idea of page protectors earlier. Anna refuses to draw on page protectors - she demands "real paper" or "plastic paper". Thanks for all the links - I am printing a couple of mazes as we speak :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a game book to work on prewriting skills. Have you sent this into ABC & 123, my other blog? Please email us the link to this so we can feature it! We're always on the look out for academic driven activities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My now first grader loved dot to dots and mazes the summer before she started reading! I wonder if he would like a sand tray to try "doodling" in or rolling play-doh snakes/worms to trace shapes/letters printed on paper with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink and Green Mama - Oh we do those things and lots of other things too! I didn't mean for it sound like these are the *only* pre-writing activities!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...