Friday, October 16, 2009

Craft Time! – Paper Towel Leaf Mobile

watercolor leaves (4)M has had the watercolor fish mobile we made in this post hanging in his room for several months and I thought it was time to change it up a little bit.  I’ve been itching to do some sort of fall leaf craft, so that’s what we did!
I have to admit, this was a joint effort between the two of us, I did quite a bit of the work, but it was something I really enjoyed doing.  Mama needs a little craft time too sometimes! ;)
First, I drew several leaves of different shapes and sizes onto some paper towels (you can use coffee filters too, but for some reason paper towels seem to work better at having the colors spread out for us… I have no idea why).  I used an orange marker so the color would blend in with the rest of the fall colors we were using.
Then I cut the leaves out – this was the labor-intensive part for me.watercolor leaves (5) 
I put them on some more paper towels so the table would not get soaked, and had M scribble on them with markers and then spray them with water (note the tongue, hee hee):watercolor leaves (1) I had to snatch some of them away before he drenched them because after a certain point of “wetness” the colors actually started to fade away and soak into the paper towels below.
The finished leaves:watercolor leaves (3)
After they dried I used a needle and some white thread to string them together and then we hung them in M’s room (the brightness of the flash makes the colors look a little faded): blog pics 059
Have a beautiful day! :)

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...