Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Art Time – More Color Mixing Fun

I was just going through my pictures and realized we’ve done a few color-mixing lessons with paint in the last few days that I haven’t posted about. 

M loves to run his cars through paint “puddles” and make tracks.  This is what he asks for most often when it’s art time.  I don’t always post about it, because there’s only so much you can say about running cars through paint. ;)

Anyway, last week he asked for red and yellow paint and discovered that they made orange (I totally let him make the discovery and tell me about it).blog pics 050

Yesterday he asked for blue and yellow:color mixing with cars and paint (2)After he painted for a while, I asked him what color they made when mixed together.  Here he is staring at his hand, trying to figure out exactly what that color was:color mixing with cars and paint He wasn’t sure but finally said “dark green”.  Apparently royal blue and yellow do make a brownish-green color.

And here he is seconds before being thrown into the bathtub, after he discovered (once again) that all the colors mixed together make “mud”: painting mess (1)And, in case you are wondering, running cars through “mud” is the most fun of all. :)

Have a beautiful day! :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- i bet that paper took awhile to dry, haha! Ive been wanting to do this with my son soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I wish I had THAT messiness tolerance level. M definitely looks very artsy in the last pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Caden would love this! I am working up the nerve to handle the mess:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why? Why? Oh yeah because they are little boys. Andrew almost always paints himself when we paint and we end up with mud too. Sometimes I only give him one color at a time and hairdry it before he starts on another color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like he was having way too much fun, but that is what it is all about, right MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww he looks like he had so much fun.. the more mess the more fun hehe... deen LOVES color mixing... i think ill try doing this as well

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...