Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Open Ended Art – Mosaics with Pebbles

To be fully truthful, I’ll let you know right away that I am totally cheating on this Open Ended Art project. :) For M’s birthday we had him make a stepping stone (from a kit – you can find them at Michael’s), and it sort of, kind of used pebbles. Glass pebbles, that is. :)
We’ve had this kit since he was 18 months old, and kept meaning to make it… and kept forgetting again. SO, we finally got it done on M’s 3rd birthday. He loved doing it and we highly recommend these for Christmas gifts for the grandparents! :)
I mixed the stone material and water together, then Daddy helped M make his handprints:
birthday 029
I put the letter tiles in where I wanted them, then M had fun placing the pieces of glass and glass pebbles wherever he wanted.
birthday 032
He really enjoyed this, we had to remind him a couple of times to be careful not to mess up the words or his handprints; all in all he did a great job!
Here’s the finished stone:
birthday 063
I can’t believe my baby is 3 years old!
For more mosaic ideas, head over to Teaching My Little Bookworm!
Have a beautiful day! :)

8 comments:

  1. I love these! We make one of these each year for the grandparents (need to do one for us too) and they are so fun to make.

    Yours turned out super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those too! :)

    your turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - now I feel bad that we didn't make one for Anna when she was younger. Maybe we will do the same for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic keepsake! We will need to get one of those kits to make, since my M just turned 2.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...