Saturday, September 5, 2009

Art Time – Magic Pictures

In an effort to use every last drop of paint from these practically empty bottles:

blog pics 007

I put a little bit of water in each one, shook it up and poured it into our paint tray (which is a muffin tin with applesauce cups stuck in it):

blog pics 008This made great liquid watercolors!

I found some simple Bob the Builder coloring pages online, printed them out and traced them onto regular printer paper with a white oil pastel crayon.  I find that oil pastels work a bit better for this than regular wax crayons, but that is just my preference.

I put one paper in front of M, gave him some paintbrushes and he got busy.  He loved the watercolors.  I have to say, I think this worked so much better for us than the regular dry watercolors that you have to dip a wet brush in.

He was so surprised to see Scoop!blog pics 013

We did the same with two more pages (sorry no pictures!) and then he just painted on some papertowels:

blog pics 019  We will definitely be doing this again – it was a very fun project!

Have a beautiful day! :)

6 comments:

  1. oh great idea! I tried to do this the other day with water color paints and it took FOREVER for B to get enough paint on the page to see the image. Using these paints looks like a much better idea. We will give it a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is SO clever!! You're awesome! I totally want to try this with Maddie when she wakes up from her nap. And, I love how you use the applesauce cups. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Ill have to remember this when i need to use up my paints too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never tried watercolors yet - liquid or otherwise. It sounds like such an awesome idea, and I really like your solution for a paint tray too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we do that to our paints and my food coloring paste jars too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...