Tuesday, September 8, 2009

ABC Book – Letter H

It has taken me more time than I planned to get back to our ABC Book, but I have finally finished the pages for H. I haven’t shown it to M yet, I’m planning on doing it with him during our normal Tot School time this week. So you are getting a sneak peek!
The inside:blog pics 003
M has really been asking for help drawing letters lately, so I’m going to start including some sort of tracing activity for each letter from now on. For H – our letter template, with dashed lines, and laminated so he can use his window markers to trace the letters, then wipe them off and trace them again!blog pics 039
Next, a Tic Tac Toe game using Hammers and Hard Hats:blog pics 014
Two songs about the letter H (sorry only one song is pictured, but both are included in the printable file):
blog pics 006 blog pics 007
An envelope full of things that begin with H:blog pics 015
Heart pattern strips to match:blog pics 013
And, on the back, a shapes House to color, glue, and build:blog pics 036
I decided to use velcro dots instead of glue for the shapes house, so M can put it together as many times as he wants. I also use velcro dots to keep all the envelopes in the file closed.
Click here for the printable file of all the activities – Letter H.

You can print as many pages as you want and of course use them however you want. You do not have to make an ABC book. :) If you just want the tic tac toe game and the shapes house (or whatever), print only those pages. You could make them into activity bags.
If you use any of them, let me know – I’d love to see what you’ve done!


The instructions for putting the activities together are written on pages of the file, as well as information about where the graphics were found, which sites I used for the letter templates or songs, etc.

Have a beautiful day! :)

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the printables as well. You do such a great job putting these together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tic tac toe game!!! Did you create the printables yourself????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Jenn,
    Yes, I created them... meaning I used clip art and Microsoft Publisher to make everything. The template for the letters was from DLTK. I have everything that I used credited on the actual .pdf file along with instructions on how to put everything together. Thanks for reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is SO awesome!! As soon as I get some ink (argh, I forget to go everyday!), I am SO printing this off! I think Maddie would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say - Matthew is so lucky to have such a creative mama, and we are so lucky to be able to partake of your creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just happened upon you blog today! This is so awesome!!! Thank you for all your hardwork. I just printed out the letter forms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for such creative easy and affordable resources!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...