Thursday, August 13, 2009

Art Time! Bubble Wrap Printing

I’ve been seeing this done on, oh, just about everybody’s blog lately, and we just had to do it!

I gave M a big selection of paint colors – I was trying to get the last little bit of paint out of a lot of his paint bottles, so he had just about every color of the rainbow there.

We started with little bubbles, and painted a section of the paper with a paintbrush, then pressed the bubble wrap into that and then again onto the paper:

august 2009 010

You can see in the picture that we made both negative and positive prints. 

Then the big bubbles (I can’t remember where I found this huge bubble wrap, but it came in handy!):

august 2009 012

Hey, did you know that if you mix all the colors of the rainbow you get brown?  I know because I trustingly left the room for just a moment and came back to see this:

august 2009 013

So much for the bubble wrap.  Apparently trucks are more fun, hee hee. :)  And painting your arms too.  Not that I was doing much laughing at the time…

So, here’s our bubble wrap / truck-in-the-mud finished peice of art:

august 2009 014

Have a beautiful day! :)

6 comments:

  1. Very nice!! Emily enjoyed the bubble wrap painting...I would love the big bubble wrap I will have to keep my eye out for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, and I thought that my daughter is a paint queen. Matthew leaves her in the dust :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness look at his hands!!!!! woah talk about hands on and messy (the more messy, the more fun!! )

    good going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just popped over from 1+1+1=1 and I just have to say you are one brave mama! I think I would freak if my kids had that much paint all over their hands and arms! {smile}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to write something more than "OH MY" but I can't stop laughing to type. I wish I was there (but not my kids though) to witness the clean-up. God Bless, you are a better mom than me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...